Monday, December 18, 2017

speleologist localizations siftings

“If I fail more than you, I win.” -Seth Godin





Art By Women Sells for 47.6% Less Than Works by Men, Study Finds

Go read this Hyperallergic article and weep, but it confirms what we already know.  


Finally we had a night without a party last night, gave me a chance to eat up last week's Blue Apron offering, yup more kale.  Tonight we finish up last week's box o' kale and then we are caught up to last Wednesday when I received two more meals.  Since we are leaving Tuesday and out Sat and Sun, I guess we will be eating kale and sweet potato breakfasts these next few days.  I am longing for a giant pot o' spaghetti with some fatty non-vegetative (read that as kale) sauce.  I have cancelled their deliveries until after the first of the year when I will reassess if it helps me or hinders me.  Food is good, just a bit kale and sweet potato oriented.  And I do like two days of food decisions made for me.  Hey, I also have built up a bunch of free meals so if you're interested, fire me off an email and I'll arrange to have it sent to you.  I can't use them myself, have to pass them out.

I don't have long at the studio today, just enough time to finish up a few of the piles of to-dos so I can see my tables again.  I lost a big button from a vest I was wearing the other night so have to fix that AND my quilt and the top of another quilt finally reappeared from the NEQM, but without my ingenious stick I made to fit into the 60" mailing tube.  Rats, it was perfect, basically two half sticks drilled on all 4 ends but able to be attached if desired at the centers.  It has a split sleeve so offered OPTIONS.  Didn't matter, nobody even looked at it and it was made out of 200 or so (I'll re-count when I re-hang today) of my cut up quilts.  

I don't think I started saving the centers until I was well into the project.  Hey, I'll take a picture since I sent it off without one last year about this time.  I kind of like it-  I had it draped over a chair when I pulled it from it's box yesterday and TY entered the room:  "Who's quilt is that, know it's not yours because it's COLORFUL!"  Well shit-  it's made out of all the quilts I have made over 40 years so I most certainly don't agree.  I think I counted 140 different quilts, guess it was over 200 in the tower, not this one-  I started this as the tower was about finished and I had already thrown out a lot of circles.  I WILL acknowledge it is a bit heavy on red.  Sigh.  But so many of mine are...


Yeah, I photographed it on the wall where the window light hits it, will re-do on the better wall later.


ARTY PARTY coming up next.  Meet Igor, my new hero.



 From heaps of scrap metal, old bike chains, and silverware, sculptor Igor Verniy creates birds, butterflies, and other unusual creations. Many of his steampunk and cyberpunk sculptures are made to be fully articulated, with dozens of moving or adjustable parts enabling each piece to be posed in several lifelike positions.  Aren't they wonderful?  I'm dyin' for that pigeon.

No comments :