Thursday, November 30, 2017

traditionally hanratty louche

“Every skill you acquire 
doubles your odds of success.” -Scott Adams


That my mini-me squirrel ashamed the I played hooky all day and sat watching Netflix and knitting.  I have to have a scarf made by Christmas and think I perhaps bit off a bit more than I can chew so I dedicated today to making 6" of scarf and learning the pattern by rote so I don't spend most of the time Unknitting and going backwards.  But I think I got it now and will try to finish a couple of inches every day.  But I will also go buy something of the same ilk JIC.


          
FYI, today The Guy came and cleaned the whole fountain, fixed the outlet breaker, bought new stones, shiny black ones, and (bless him!) CLEANED it back to pretty!  He also built a shelf inside for a pile of the black stones to keep the blasted toads and their toady excrement out forever more.  The fountain is now working at optimum with bubbles and water coming out the top.  (The picture above flattened out the clean water-  it really isn't milky.)  I will happily install razor wire around the bloody thing if I so much as see those Bufo toads coming near.

And that's about all I got.  When you stay home knitting, not much happens!


Sort of an ARTY PART, a little diversion 
from the usual oddities arty people make.

Now if you know me, you know that Disney Princesses R not US!  I have spent the last 35 years disparaging the Magic Kingdom so I have valid excuses to never ever go there again.  My almost 10 year old granddaughter is more a snakes and owls kinda of child, and no American Girl Doll shall ever enter her house.  The second granddaughter just turned 1 so the jury is out on that one yet.  But then I sw this-  me, a Disney Detractor at best!  I NEED to make these...  might have to wait until after the holidays because I have too much else to do right now, but check it out:  Wish my paint brush cold wiggle so fast.


And the best part is it's a HAND PIE.  Yum.  The mind boggles.  






No comments :