Sunday, August 27, 2017

bright unusual little

Ideas can come from two things “that haven’t come together before.” (“What would happen if a chair was bitten by a werewolf?)  Neil Gaiman 




As if.


FYI, I have just spend 2 hours fiddling around with Blogger settings.  First I visited the 'HELP' forum and followed those direction, to no avail, then I followed everybody else with similar problems, then I deleted the stats program I had installed, and here I am.  Sure hope that squirrel arrives on my landing strip soon.  I have scattered pecans all along the way, already shelled.

Well surprise surprise, it looks like rain again.  The big black cloud is back and looking particularly heavy.  So, this will be short because I need to go get to the studio so it can rain on that metal roof and make it very obvious who's running the show there.  

Loving my down time this week-  I have gone through drawers and cubbies getting rid of stuff-  who needs a whole shelf of florists vases?  But I sure wish I had a delivery guy at the front door with a new one.  One thing I will not get rid of is my oyster collection.  As you know I found my dream kitchen chandelier when we built this place:
And it went great with a bunch of oyster plates, except I had given most to my daughter and SIL, but since I had an uneven number I held one back:

Someday I will steal them back.

        
By accident (!!!) I was at TJMaxx and found an oyster shell wreath!  Yeaaa.  Then up in Boston I found another one- YIPPEE YEA, but it weighs a ton and getting it back here was problematic.  I call it testing TSA.

Then, in a whole other store I found an oyster shell rope, about 6' long.  I took it apart and stuck it in 2 terrariums since I would kill anything living in a terrarium anyway:




Still with me on the oyster shell accidental collection?












Yesterday I found myself accidentally in HomeGoods looking for human beings (it gets a bit lonely here at dinner time) and LOOKIT what I found-  TWO OYSTER BALLS:



The bigun is about 20" across and it's little sister is maybe 15".  Both are mega heavy so I won't hang them anywhere for fear of having an oyster shell kitchen floor ala Nantucket driveways  They will live on my work table for now and collect dust like the rest of us.


Now, after that house tour do you still need an ARTY PARTY?  Sigh.  You're spoiled.

And I am going to stay in the undersea life theme.  Told you that you were spoiled.

Just in case you couldn't tell it's in Taiwan-  Aren't they the cutest?



A Kracken!  
Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman (who previously produced this oversized bunny in Taiwan) has unveiled his newest large-scale animal design, this time with the function of a playscape for Vanke Group's One City development in the centre of Yantian, Shenzhen. The playground is designed within the eight legs and head of an octopus, a piece that is named after the mythological sea creature Kracken despite its friendly appearance.






1 comment :

Bev Longford said...

Wonderful surprise this morning, welcome back, you where missed.